Thursday, December 1, 2011

Fall Is Down, Christmas is Getting Up!

The last couple of days have felt more like fall than winter here. The winds have whipped up and all the leaves in the world are on my front lawn!  But at night, the weather turns cold-yes it's winter!  The main tree is up in the living room, and the wreath's are hung over the fireplace and on the front door, and even the Chritmas bakings has started.  I still have three more trees to put up, change the quilts, arrange the pointsettas and change out to the winter dishes, but things are comming along nicely.  The best part is all my Christmas shopping is done-yipee!  I love all the sights, smells, and feel of the holiday season. 

 

Last weekend, the family trudged up to Apple Hill, walked around three Christmas Tree farms before finding the perfect tree-now I know why I have a box tree each year.  The girls were getting tired, the tree was on the top of the van and it was off for pizza.  It was foggy and overcast in the valley but one we got up into the hills the weather was beautiful0-sunny and a little warmer.

This comming weekend I am out of town but I am taking the sewing machine and projects to do, hopefully I will have pictures to post after the weekend!  Have a happy start of the holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment