Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Things Are Progressing and Holiday Pictures of the Boys!

Packages are mailed, the decorating is almost done, and the Christmas baking only has a little to go-I'm almost ready for the holidays!  I have to quit browsing all the special edition holiday magazines as I get more and more decorating ideas, things to look for, and more recipes to try-I need to start this stuff in June to be on top of things! 

I finally received some current pictures of the boys at one of their holiday parties, (Jake is in the 92 shirt and Matty in in the green and black striped shirt).  It has been over two years since I have seen them-they are getting sooooo big!  The day is coming closer when I can fly them from east coast to the west coast, gather their twin cousins,  and pile in the van and head to disneyland! 

Yesterday, I had to be in a different area with an hour to waste before a meeting and what better way to spend my time then to thrift!  I ended up spending about $12.00, this after I said I wouldn't buy anything again after the move!  I ended up with a tin santa plate and bowl from Hallmark, with the prices of $10.00 and $5.00 still on them-I paid .50 and .25, a complete set of stampin up Christmas stamps (5) for .99, two bags of vintage bulbs, one .99 and one for .49. a Boyds Bear statue (I collect them) for .99, a set of christmas burner covers for .49, a german glass ornmanet for the main tree for .50, two jingle bears, one small for .75 and the large one for 1.00, two sweaters for 1.00 ea, a Thomas the Train calidiscope for Matty (he loves Thomas the Train) for .50, 4 packs of 20 ea plastic page covers for my notebook of collected recipes for .25 ea, and some genuine silver Fender guitar pick earings for 1.99-I think I did pretty well for just needing to burn a little time! Once I go home I put a fire in the fire place and spent the evening wrapping gifts-I haven't finished but a couple more nights and the task will be complete. (For me this is the part I like the least!)

Slowly checking things off the list while sipping a little egg nogg-hope your days leading up to the holidays are joyous ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment