Thursday, December 22, 2011

I Think I'm Ready!

It seems that Christmas is coming way to fast this year and I actually think I am ready!  Just a quick trip to the grocery store and the pet store (gotta keep the poopies happy!) and I think that will do it!  I have the menu planned for Christmas Eve dinner (lasagna, garlic bread, salad, and cannoli).  I get so burned out with turkey and ham by this time of year, I try to find alternative things to eat!  For Christmas morning I will be doing a crockpot breakfast casserole, cinnamon rolls and fresh fruit salad and for the rest of the day just snacking.  I have lined up the fresh veggie platter, crackers, cheeseball, summer sausage, a couple of other dips, a fruit platter and lots of homemade goodies.  Ohh, and I can't forget the special "egg nog".  At Thanksgiving we made the bourbon, pumpkin milk shakes (really good!) and I was thinking of how I could do an egg nog shake along the same lines-haven't figured it out yet and that may have to wait until next year.

I am looking forward to the week between Christmas and New Year's to relax, visit friends, and work on some projects that I have had in mind since I moved in Sept/Oct.  As always, my list is three pages long, but I am hoping to complete at least five projects during the week. 

I wish everyone a very happy holiday season and the best in the coming new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment