Tuesday, January 19, 2010

What A Nice Long Weekend..




I didn't get as much done as I wanted, but I made a wonderful start. On Friday, I attended our monthly card class with the girls, we made a total of seven cards, some very simple and some real fruffy! I also managed to finish the "love" envelope book that will hold a total of fourteen different valentine cards when it is done. Each and every year I do a total of fourteen different valentine cards for my sweetie-one for each day until Valentine's Day! I also managed to get the valentine tree up and work on the quilted valentine wall hanging.
I also tried this fabulous recipe on Monday, a chicken broccoli wreath but for the life of me I don't remember where I got it from on the internet, so if it is yours, let me know and I will give your credit.
Chicken Wreath Recipe
1/2 C. red bell pepper, chopped1/2 C. broccoli, chopped
1/4 C. water chestnuts, drained and chopped
2 T. onion, chopped
6 oz. cooked chicken breast, chopped
2/3 C. cream of chicken soup
1 C. (4 oz) shredded Cheddar cheese
2 (8 oz.) pkg. refrigerated crescent rolls
Preheat oven to 350ºF.Chop pepper, broccoli, water chestnuts, onion and chicken. Combine all ingredients except crescent rolls in medium bowl.
Unroll crescent rolls and arrange triangles in a circle on a large cookie sheet with the bases overlapping in center and points toward the outside. Scoop filling mixture onto widest portion of each triangle. Fold points of triangle over filling and tuck under base at center. (Filling will not be completely covered.) Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into wedges and serve warm.
This is a fast easy and fabulous chicken wreath, served with salad and triple chocolate brownies for dessert. I even had leftovers enough for my lunch today!!!
More tomorrow, have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment