Thursday, January 21, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy

I think that this is my mantra right now! I am trying to bind the valentine wall hanging, finish the flannel pj's for all four grandkids, make a cherokee wedding blanket for an upcoming wedding I will be attending, make three valentine table runners, finish the valentines for the envelope book and sneak in some time for myself, oh and work. Wow-even typing that exhausted me! I don't have any pictures to post today (I haven't downloaded from my camera yet), but I do have a recipe that is easy peasy and yummy. I downloaded it off the local morning news website because it sounded so yummy, quick and easy.

Marianne's Grandma's 'Supper on a Bread Slice'
1½ lbs lean hamburger
1 med yellow onion, chopped
2/3 c milk
1 egg, scrambled
2 cups grated Velveeta cheese (don't use anything else but Velveeta)
2 c bread cubes (just tear up some French bread)
1 T prepared mustard
Salt and pepper
1 loaf of French bread (in addition to the cubes above)
Aluminum foil

Slice the loaf of French bread horizontally, so there's a top and a bottom. Cover the sides and bottom with foil, so just the top is exposed.
Mix all the other ingredients together to make a cheesy meatloaf. Pile it on top of the bread halves to make two equal pieces. Bake them on a cookie sheet at 350° for probably 45 minutes to an hour, until the meat portion looks crispy and done! Let it cool for a few minutes, then cut it into 2" slices. Try not to eat the whole thing by yourself!

That's all for today. Hopefully I can complete some things and have pictures uploaded soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment