Tuesday, November 9, 2010

November Dress Finished-One More to Go!!!!

I finished my November dress this evening and wanted to get it posted before the middle of the month!  My inspiration for this dress was drawn from the fabulous colors of fall, the oranges and browns.  I also wanted to incorporte what I was thankful for in my life.  I designed each of the tags to hang off the ribbon around the waist and each one is something that I am thankful for.  Some things are serious and some things are things I just don't want to live without!  My thankful tags are: love, grandkids, employment, happiness, health, stability,spirituality, coffee, freedom and blue jeans!! A little rest and then I will be designing my December dress. 

Since I am planning on hosting the Dress Up 2011 next year in one of the Yahoo groups I participate in,  I hope all of you will watch this blog for the particulars and I invite you to participate!!!  This year of "girly" art has been so much fun and the short bursts of creativity have gone a long way for me on the days that I wasn't really up to a big, creative project. 

I also wanted to post a picture of my cabinet that I store my dresses in.  It is an old picture and I hope to finish the cabinet and update the photo.  I found this doll trunk at a thrift store for about $3.00 I think, and I decided the best way to show off the dressed would be in simple black and white.  I then found a photo of the Eiffel Tower and mod podged it into the trunk.  I still need to do something with the outside and I'm not sure if I will use this trunk for the next year's dresses, in fact, I'm not sure they will fit! 

 Thanks for stopping by and checking out my newest dress!



8 comments:

  1. Beautiful coloured dress & the labels are very special. Your wardrobe is perfect !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Georgeous November dress, beautiful colours and I love the little tags! Your wardrobe looks fab, just the place for a gal to hang her precious dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super idea for your dress with the gratitude tags, your wardrobe with your dresses in look so pretty!
    I decided on a black and white wardrobe too, but will use it for the dresses I made that never made it to being that month's dress, as I want my calender dresses on the wall now! Thankfully it's still a girl's prerogative to change her mind ;-)

    Wishing you every joy and good luck with running the challenge next year!
    Gini
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your wardrobe, and you November dress is lovely. I adore the colour you've chosen and what a wonderful touch to do the tags!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your November dress is beautiful. I think the tags are a great idea that turned out fabulous!
    Angela
    PS Will you be hosting the Challenge the same way as Margaret? I'm not a part of Yahoo..can I still be a participant in the Challenge?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I will be hosting sort of the same way. I will be putting the information on my blog and also a place to post each month-so, absolutely you can participate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It took awhile to find this post, but I passed some lovely art along the way. I love your November dress. The colors are perfect and the flower goes so well with the dress. Your wardrobe is lovely, too. I was amazed at how creative they all are.

    I'm glad you will taking over the project next year. You will surely get a lot of respondents.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic dress-and I am ecstatic that you will host in 2011! I am very interested, so I'll watch your blog.

    ReplyDelete