Sunday, November 21, 2010

Had A Great Class Today!

I took another canvas class today, and loved it!  I really enjoy working in the canvas medium along with all the dimensionals.  When I signed up for this class about two months ago, I didn't even know what the project was, it just sounded interesting.  I had done a class with this teacher before, the Paris book, and loved it, so I figured I would love whatever I was doing today-I wasn't disappointed.  Here are the pictures both front and back. 

 

I also have been busy working like crazy to get the house ready for holiday decorating.  Over the last week, I have completely taken everything out of the dinning room, shampoo'd the carpet, put everything back including cleaning all the glassware in the hutch, taking down the curtains and the sheers, washing and rehanging.  I started off Friday morning getting the lawn mowed and the leaves cleaned up before the storm hit on Friday afternoon.  Yesterday and today, I gutted the living room, and am waiting for the sheers and curtains to dry to I can rehang them.  The christmas tee is up and lit, but won't be decorated until Thanksgiving evening.  I also baked a couple of kinds of cookies yesterday, oatmeal chock chip raisin, and fluffernutter.  I also made a couple of loaves of banana bread, a sweet potato pie, a tamale casserole, and some burritos.  I really did enjoy cooking and cleaning this weekend because the weather outside was cold, windy and rainy.  Here is the simple recipe for fluffer nutters  that I got from here.  This is one of the easiest cookies I have ever done.

Fluffernutters
1 cup creamy peanut butter (I did use chunky, I like the peanuts in it)
1 cup marshmallow creme
1 egg

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  In a large bowl mix the peanut butter and egg until well combined with a spoon.  Slowly stir in the marshmallow cream until just combined.  You want to see the marshmallow cream not fully incorporated, almost like swirled through.  With a small-medium cookie scoop, scoop dough onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet. (I used my professional baking cookie sheets sprayed with Pam and had no problem) Bake for 12-15 minutes or until baked through.  Let cool for 5 minutes on cookie sheet before transferring to a cooling rack.  ( I also didn't bother to let them cool on the cookie sheet-I transferred them from the cookie sheet directly to the marble slab and let them cool),

This week, I will have to start my sewing if I plan on getting done before Christmas!  Not too much to do and once I get started it won't take long, but I need to look at my calendar and pencil in one full day to sew! 

Until next time-

1 comment: