Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Happy Wednesday and New Art!

I finally was able to get photos taken and uploaded with some of the finished projects/art work that I needed to ship off for swaps.  I was also able to find some great "stuff" while thrift store shopping the past couple of days.  I really should take pictures of things which is much better than trying to describe what I found-but since I didn't take pictures, I will just tell everyone.  Some small pompom trim, an printers tray, a metal umbrella wall hanging (which I will repaint) to keep all my baby shoes in that are waiting to be altered.  A combination quilt hanger and shelf, some great rhinestone costume jewlery earrings, a blue glass starbucks mug to add to the collection, a pin up girl tin (about the size of a bandaid box), a vintage valentine box, some vintage hangers, some vintage wrapping paper, another small wooden compartmental box with a plastic see through slide lid, and two christmas punches-all for $11.00 with my senior discount!  Now, I don't think I really qualify age wise for a senior discount-and I really could take this action one of two ways.  Either I look old enough to be a senior, or (my prefrence) the lady was being really nice and giving me a discount!  Either way, I just love when I can find things that I really will use in upcoming projects!

Now, I have finished both the April and August dresses in the Dress Up 2010 challenge, so that means I am all caught up! 



My inchies for the FAB 26 swap and a party hat for a doll I am planning to alter:


I think that is about all I have to show you for now!

Oh, but I did mange to make up a batch of  chocolate peanut butter cup rice krispie treats over the weekend, I got the recipe from here.  They are fabulous!  WARNING-make sure there is enough milk in the house before you eat one-they are over the top! 

Everyone have a nice day and I will see you in a couple!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog with such sweet comments~! You scored some wonderful treasures and I'll take a discount any time- no matter what it's for..hee,hee! I see your getting a lot of your craft projects completed too.Enjoy and happy summer!

    Sandy xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy - lovely dresses

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were really dedicated to catch up on your dresses. Both are awesome, and I still want to find some of those cool hangers. My "handmade" ones are all over the place (grin).

    You got some lovely sounding pieces at your thrift stores, too. Take that discount and count your blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hangers I bought in a package of 4 for $2.99 at Michaels. They are located in the department that sells doll wigs and clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab dresses Charlene and you've done a great job catching up! April is super pretty with it's spotty ribbon and sunny flower, just in time for summer! Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  6. your dresses are very sweet and so colorful, the lei is a perfect accent too ... good for you getting caught up ... amazing how quickly the months speed by!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete