Sunday, August 22, 2010

Finally Finished My Trunk

I have had this trunk for about four months now and just couldn't get motivated to get it done.  The inside is pretty much done-I may add some pink here and there, and I still need to do something with the outside maybe some Paris/France travel labels.  Anyway, I managed to get the inside done and it is now on top of the scrapping armoire with the little dresses hanging it it. 

I also attended a grunge girl necklace class today.  Boy did I have some fun painting and collaging to my hearts content!  I didn't quite finish my necklace and I do need to add some more "stuff" but for now it looks pretty good!  I really wanted to do a necklace with sort of a beach/ocean theme (seems to be my thing right now!) but I didn't get a class list of what I needed so I made due with what I had only buying a couple of extra things.  I found a collage sheet I liked and only after I was working on this little book necklace did I realize that my theme was Italian.  Now, my sweetie is part Italian-so for whatever reason I gravitated to those images.  And, since I have a lot of his mother's costume jewlery, some great pieces that are broke and I couldn't bear to throw them away, I will be adding those to the "Italian"necklace also.  I should mention his mother was full Italian.  I am thinking I would like to do a couple more of these for gifts for the upcoming holiday season.  Anyway-I had a very productive art day-and I managed to get the front yard mowed, a couple of plants replanted into pots, and some of the lava rock dug out of the front planter-so I feel a real productive day has been accomplished.

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their weekend! 

1 comment:

  1. Your dresses look wonderful in the trunk! very classy look with the black and white, fab! Mx

    ReplyDelete