Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Didn't Quite Make It!

Okay, so my vow to post more often just didn't happen.  I guess with the stress of the move, a million and one things to get done, and that nagging thing that always gets in the way called work-I fell down on posting.  With this move, I have managed to rethink what is important to me and started dejunking!  I have way too much and with all that stuff, I spend my time cleaning and making room instead of enjoying what I have.  While I love to go thrift/junk shopping, I am going to really think about purchases and make sure I have a place for things and adopt the rule that if I bring something in, something must go out!  I did decide to graduate to a bigger bed and after looking in antique shops for a headboard/footboard and finding the prices were way out of my league, I decided to just check Craigs list.  I have not even looked at Craigs list in months!  Well there it was, a beautifuly wrought iron whitel headboard and footboard for $25.00!  I immediately texted the seller who sent back a message that the bed was spoken for and was suppose to be picked up that evening by 5:00 pm but he would text if it didn't happen.  Well-around 5:01 he texted and said it was mine if I wanted it.  I made the thirty mile drive each way to pick it up-practically brand new with the tags still on it!  Now I just have to buy the mattress!  Anyway, I needed to get away from the packing on Sunday so I took a drive up to Sutter Creek to wander through antique stores.  In the second one I was in there was a vendor who had a tool box full of metal junk, I dug around and found the front of a postal box complete with dial and little window for $1.00!  I will be converting it to a frame once I get moved. 

Additionally, I have taken three art classes back to back and have not signed up for as many this quarter due to the move and the holiday schedule.  Here are the last couple of classes I took, one was a steampunk dress form made with a wire form and tags and the other was a steampunk bird mounted to an antique camera.
 

Please forgive the glare of the pictures, the flash caught the watch face on the steampunk dress form and this was the best picture I have.  I will be uploading additional pictures as soon as I can get some taken.

Have a great day and I am going to adhere my goal of posting once a week!



No comments:

Post a Comment