Friday, August 12, 2011

A Little Antiquing Today..

Am patiently working through the office/craft room, cleaning out and getting rid of things that I just have becaue they were a "good deal"-I am passing them on to someone else.  I took a break this afternoon and went to the antique mall just to look around-yeah right!  After looking through the entire mall I came out with, an antique train case which will be used to carry my art supplies to and from class-I really need to reduce the amount of stuff I drag to class!  I also picked up four vintage stamps for my collection, a beautiful glass jar to showcase them in, an old sewing basket to display my small chubby books in, a Boyd's Bear statue to add to my collection, and a two tier french rack (I love this I just don't know where I'm going to put it yet!).  I even bought a couple of Halloween things, a runner and small halloween plaque-all in all, a good shopping trip.

I have no art classes this weekend so I can devote most of my energy to finishing up the organization of the office/craft room-still lots to do, but I know I will feel a sense of accomplishment once it is done-

Here is another receipe I tried this week for a silent auction/bake sale we had at work-these are easy peasey and so deliciuous.  I know I got this recipe off the internet, but I don't remember which site to give credit to.

Cap'n Crunch Peanut Butter Cookie Stackers

7 tbls softened butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup creamy p-butter (I use chunky)
1 egg
1 tbls pure vanilla
1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup Cap'n Crunch Cereal, crushed with rolling pin

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  In a stand or electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars until well
combined.  Beat in peanut butter until combined then beat in the egg and vanilla.
2.  In a large bowl mix the flower and salt.  Slowly add to wet ingredients on slow speed.  Add in Cap'n Crunch Cereal until just combined.  With a medium cookie scoop, scoop dough onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet.  With the tines of a fork, press gently forming a criss cross shape over tops. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until baked to your liking. 

Makes 2 1/2 dozen cookies.

Hope you enjoy this one.  I still need to take come pictures of projects, and download all of the pictures onto the computer to upload them here.



No comments:

Post a Comment