Thursday, September 23, 2010

Has Time Really Passed So Quickly?


Altered $ Store Vampire

I didn't realize I have not posted in almost two weeks!  I have been so busy trying to get projects done and clean the "art" room!  I have had an obsession lately with Alice and Wonderland and altered objects for halloween.  For many years I didn't decorate for halloween, just for fall, but this year I am really enjoying creating things out of throw away objects and turning them into "art"! 


Altered Scrabble Board






Halloween Alice Canvas







Candlestick baby witch


Captured Pumpkin Fairy

I also managed to complete my September dress for the Dress Up Challenge.  Nothing like being almost into October before completing this!!!!  I was originally going to do a jumper that I remember when I was going to elementry school way back when.  Then I started thinking about all the my grandmother and how she was dressed each time I saw her when I would come home from school for lunch.  My father was in the military and my mother worked, so I spent a great deal of time with my grandmother-this dress reflects her "house" dress with an apron she always wore.  Even though she died in 1972, I still miss her!
That's about it for now.  I hope to be back soon with some additional halloween art and updates on some ATC's, chunky ATC's made out of wood, and pictures of my miniature coffin that I am getting ready to put in the mail.
Have a great one!














3 comments:

  1. Well, you got yours done before I did! I can see my own grandmother wearing this housedress, it's wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm almost into October before coming to check out your September dress. Sorry I'm late getting here. I'm sure glad I made it. This is so lovely, and what a nostalgic dress and apron. Although my grandmother (who died in 1973) didn't wear the "bib" aprons, she wore organza half aprons and ironed them each washday. Thank you for this lovely, nostalgic post and the beautiful dress honoring your Grandmother. I know she would have worn it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the story and inspiration behind your little housedress! beautiful choice of colours! Mx

    ReplyDelete