Friday, July 23, 2010

My ART this Week**


Here are the ATC's I finished this week.  One of a 5th blog anniversary, the small dress for a black, white and red theme and assorted ATC's with a beach, music, patriotic and button themes.

These are my Marie Antionette submissions for a chunky book swap in an ATC group I am participating in.  The first picture is my cover, followed by the front page of my page and the back page.  I had to make the mask for the front as I couldn't find anything small enough.  The back page has a sewn hankerchief with MA stamped on it.  I found while do research on MA, that she is credited with inventing the hankerchief.



These are the dress I have completed for the Dress Up 2010, the black one is January, pink one February, the green one for March, the bird one for May, and the fusion bride dress is for June.  Dress Up 2010 is being done over on the Alice and Camila blog.  Each month starting in January we are to make one dress for the month for twelve months.  At the end of the year, we will have amased some amazing clothes and works of art.  The dresses can be made with any art material of the creators choosing.  I didn't discover this website until a few weeks ago, so now I am playing catchup.  I only have the April dress to do and then I will be caught up-just in time to create the August dress.


This is my first paperdoll I have ever made!  This was a challenge and swap to only use junk mail.  Since I rarely get anything but pizza ads-pizza man was born and since pizza always comes in a box-I made a box for him to be delivered in!  I feel like I have caught up on so much this week-I am actually ahead of the game.  Everyone have a great weekend, and I will be back with more art soon!






6 comments:

  1. You've done a wonderful job of catching up Charlene, beautiful selection of dresses! I think 'live,imagine' is my fav and I love your July creation! I'm so pleased you've decided to play long! Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you made all of these beauties so quickly. To think you just started is amazing. I really like all of them, but am always partial to birds. Of course, I like black and white, too. What the heck! I like them all (grin). I'm also impressed with your hangers. They are awesome. I wish mine looked as good. Hope to see the April and August dresses soon, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well done - you have caught up with some very beautiful dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dresses are fabulous!!! I also love your header photo! Would I love to take a swim in that! Marva

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!!!
    Oh my gosh--these are stunning!!! Big Wow!
    I got an idea and I wanted to tell you about it...I haven't done it because I'm still waiting to find out if we can save it to our desktops, but I was thinking we could make a box collage so all the dresses are in one place...it would be sooo cute! We could even label them, but I've never used Picasa before...There's a girl on here who used it to make a sweet pic for her blog (not dresses) and I emailed her, so I should have an answer soon...I'll post it on my blog when I find out
    in case you want to do it.

    These are precious!!!! I hope you'll show them on my Creative Spirit challenge next Sunday--I know people would love to see them!!!
    HUGS,
    Cindy
    xoxxo
    P.S. I live in New Orleans, but I'm from Granada Hills...do you know where that is?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes Cindy I do know where it is! I grew up in So Cal, Costa Mesa, Newport Beach area!
    I have just finished my Aug and April dresses and will try to post them within the next couple of days!
    Let me know if you can make this collage thing work-I would love to be a part of it!

    ReplyDelete