Thursday, July 1, 2010

Can You Believe It's July?!

There were time this year when I didn't think the summer was every going to get to Northern California because of all the rain and cold days-all of a sudden we are in triple digit weather!  We didn't have much of a spring, so it seems that we have gone from winter to summer overnight! 

One of my oldest friends is retiring today after thirty six years-yipee for her!!! (Although, I secretly wish it were me!)  She is an avid quilter and I have always enjoyed watching her create a thing of beauty.  In fact, many years ago, she is the one who inspired me to attempt quilting.  As I sat yesterday, trying to figure out what I could do as a meaningful gift to mark this occassion, I thought about a quilt, but didn't really have enough time to put something together.  I wanted the gift to be a reminder of her time working, but also her new path in life in retirement.  I finally came up with an assemblege quilt.  I haven't done one of these in a long time, I do enjoy making them as they are so individual to the person.  Her favorite color is yellow combinded with blue, I hope she likes it.  I thought she could hang it in her quilt room as a constant reminder of the good and bad times, the friendship and the love.  And that she will know that it is she who inspired me to try my hand at quilting.  Congratulations Alice on your retiremen!!!

Everyone have a great blast of a weekend, stay safe!


No comments:

Post a Comment