Friday, February 15, 2013

I Think I Am Finally Back on Track

I know I have been away a while, so many thing have happened, I think it's called life!  My mother was diagnosed with Vulvar Cancer. She made it through the surgery, she spent some time in recovery in a home, and I brought her home for the week between Christmas and New Years.  Unfortunately, the dimensia had gotten so bad I couldn't take care of her and work also, so back to the home she went.  She appears to be happy and healthy there and since the home is only a couple of blocks from the house I can visit her often.  I have even taken the dogs there to visit.  Then at the end of January, I got what everyone else seems to have gotten, it lasted a week, I came back to work for a week and then I was out again for another four days this week-I even lost my voice this time, a little frustrating. 

With mother in the home, the good news is I now have my own stamping and craft room.  Since I only started cleaning it out and putting in the furniture a week ago, it has a long way to go but this gives me an opportunity to clean out and get rid of those things that I have been holding on to for a long time there are of no use.  I will post pictures soon of some of the projects for the room I have done so far.  A slow process, but I am going to enjoy it once it gets done, and the fact that it will be organized and I can find things will be even better!

I have also been to a couple of antique stores and bought some really neat things.  I will post pictures of those also.  Among my favorites; vintage valentines, a rusty old tonka truck, and a 1950's baby doll crib! 

I just joined this Easter Swap and can't wait to play!


That's it for now, I have challenged myself this year to be a better blogger!

No comments:

Post a Comment